HI MOBIRD-Lers:

I received this question from the public recently and don't have any current info on the vultures in the area.  Please if you have current knowledge about the numbers and the roost locations please let me know and I will respond to the inquirer.  I will suggest that they might enjoy being on MOBirds-L also.

"I live on Table Rock Lake and have a roost of vultures across the street.

During the winter the population is several hundred and other times 50 to 60.
  During the past few weeks they are all gone and normally I have hundreds.  I went to Vulture Venture last year so I know there is a big population on Taneycomo too.  Do you know are they gone too?  Any ideas why they might have left?"

Brad Jacobs
Missouri Department of Conservation
P.O.Box 180
Jefferson City , MO 65102