Hello - Thanks. I'm thinking that you've seen all the suggestions that it ius a nearly adult female yellow belied sapsucker. This is an interesting option, and Columbia is not too far - about two hours drive. Who knows?

Lynne

----- Original Message -----
From: "mariel stephenson" <[log in to unmask]>
To: "Lynne and Gary" <[log in to unmask]>
Cc: "MOBIRDS" <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Friday, December 17, 2010 9:43:16 PM
Subject: Re: Please help us ID this woodpecker.

I had a Ladderback here in Columbia 11/18/10 and I'm wondering if it's not the same one if that is what it turns out to be.  The crest on mine extended further back than yours and was redder, but then it wasn't all puffed up. - was it the size of a downy?  Mariel

Mariel Stephenson
Columbia, Mo
573 442 1725