Please take the time to submit your best work to the 2010 IRE Awards.  The
awards celebrate excellence in investigative reporting across all media
platforms. The postmark deadline for entering the awards is *Friday, January
14, 2011*.  The work submitted must have been published or aired between
Jan. 1 and Dec. 31, 2010.

Please note, we’ve added two categories to the IRE Awards this year:

   - *Partnership or Collaboration*: An IRE Medal for Outstanding
   Investigative Reporting OR an IRE Certificate of Recognition for a
   partnership or collaboration among various media entities.
   - *Gannett Award for Innovation in Watchdog Journalism*: The award
   recognizes the use of digital innovation in the gathering and/or delivery of
   watchdog and investigative news to its audience. It honors work that stands
   out for its creative use of digital tools to further a news organization’s
   ability to serve as a watchdog in its community. This comes with a $5,000
   prize from Gannett.

And for a second year, we are accepting submissions in the *Breaking
News*category.
The category honors excellence in investigative reporting done within 30
days of a breaking news event or story.  (You may submit up to 5 stories in
this category.)

The official entry form can be found online at:
http://www.ire.org/resourcecenter/contest/CallforEntries2010.pdf

For more information and a complete list of categories, please refer to our
online FAQ: http://www.ire.org/resourcecenter/contest/ireawardsfaq.html

(Please note: Entries may be formatted for either 8.5x11” or 11x14” paper.)

--
Beth Kopine
Resource Center Director & Contest Coordinator