i concur

other than reporting is there any other role we could play, especially concerning the targeting of Assange?
just wondering.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Lucy Komisar" <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Wednesday, December 1, 2010 6:59:52 PM GMT +02:00 Harare / Pretoria
Subject: Re: [GLOBAL-L] U.S. scramble to charge Wikileaks founder Assange with espionage

Jon,

I think our role as a group of investigative journalists is to defend Wikileaks and Assange as distributors of important documents that journalists and the public have a right and need to see.

Then it is for any of us as individual journalists to report, analyze and comment on what any of the documents say. I think from the queries posted here, that’s just what many of the list members plan to do.

If we start discussing the substance, we turn into a political list.

Lucy