If one wants to look at a dedicated blog, my suggestion would be to anchor it on a website such as that of Index on Censorship and/or the Committee to Protect Journalists or Reporters sans Frontiers. I'd also suggest drawing in some key people as regular contributors. Mark Stephens for example, who was the solicitor in my landmark libel tourism case and is Assange's lawyer, is an active social networker, an Index trustee and probably would be ammenable.

-----Original Message-----
From: Drew Sullivan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:         Wed, 15 Dec 2010 14:48:48
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: [GLOBAL-L] OCCRP's statement on the Kyiv Post case

This is a statement by OCCRP on a current lawsuit against the Kyiv Post
by Ukrainian oligarch Dymytro Firtash in a London court:

The OCCRP wishes to express its support for the Kyiv Post and believes
that British courts are not the proper jurisdiction for this
disagreement.  While libel and slander laws are in place to protect
citizens from being wrongfully accused, the practice of libel tourism,
or suing in a place where the libel laws are more plaintiff friendly, is
wrong and should be considered tantamount to harassment of independent
media.  The UK continues to have draconian laws and its courts continue
to wrongfully accept the whole Internet as its jurisdiction.  OCCRP
kindly asks the UK courts to stop saddling the world media with its
aberrant and destructive laws.  Furthermore, it is totally inappropriate
for British courts with British standards to judge a Ukrainian newspaper
working under Ukrainian standards.  The Kyiv Post must report in their
world -- the lawless and non-transparent environment that is Ukrainian
business and politics.  It is the same environment that has allowed the
plaintiff to flourish.  This is a Ukrainian issue best left to Ukrainian
courts.  We urge the UK courts to reject this case.  They are not the
proper arbiter.

Paul Cristian Radu - OCCRP Executive Director
Drew Sullivan - Advising Editor

questions.