From: jack Hilsabeck <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: adult male Harlequin Duck --- Maryville Sewage Lagoon, Nodaway County, MO
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Wednesday, November 24, 2010, 8:15 PM

Mobirders:   Post from David Easterla:

Late this afternoon I found an adult male Harlequin Duck at the Maryville Sewage Lagoon, also black Scoter, Surf Scoter, and many Greater Scaup.

Several problems:
1.  Lagoon is public land which is off limits.  David has a key to continue his work with water birds of the Lagoons.

2.  Land surrounding the lagoons is private property.  There have been many deer hunters there the last several days.

3.  Fog is very heavy and freezing rain may occur, thus condition are not good for travel.

4,  Even though it is Thanksgiving he plans to check the Lagoons early in the morning.  If interested in seeing the
Harlequin please contact David tonight at --- 660-582-8468

good luck,

Jack Hilsabeck