flames of sevenbranched candelabra

smoke

the pattern on the coffered ceiling

-----

a game of chess

lidless eyes

a knock upon the door.

-----

one-eyed merchant / the drowned Phoenician Sailor

'Stetson! 'You who were with me in the ships at Mylae!
'That corpse you planted last year in your garden,
'Has it begun to sprout? Will it bloom this year?
'Or has the sudden frost disturbed its bed?

I had not thought death had undone so many.

-----

fishing in the dull canal

The river's tent is broken

The wind Crosses the brown land, unheard.

-----

the king my brother's wreck

the king my father's death before him

-----

cold blast

rattle of the bones

chuckle spread from ear to ear

-----

The river sweats / Oil and tar

Elizabeth and Leicester

Beating oars

A gilded shell

-----

decayed hole among the mountains

empty cisterns and exhausted wells

no water but only rock

dry sterile thunder without rain

doors of mudcracked houses

agony in stony places

-----

hooded hordes

cracked earth

flat horizon

-----

London Bridge is falling down falling down falling down

Le Prince d'Aquitaine à la tour abolie

a broken Coriolanus

-----

the man with three staves

Datta  Dayadhvam  Damyata

Phlebas the Phoenician, a fortnight dead, / Forgot the cry of gulls, and the deep seas swell / And the profit and loss.

the walls Of Magnus Martyr hold / Inexplicable splendour of Ionian white and gold

-----

CHORUS

Who clipped the lion’s wings
And flea’d his rump and pared his claws?
Thought Burbank, meditating on
Time’s ruins, and the seven laws.

-----

EPILOGUE

We move above the moving tree
In light upon the figured leaf
And hear upon the sodden floor
Below, the boarhound and the boar
Pursue their pattern as before

-----

fitting Eliot's fragments - pray, forgive

CR