On 11/26/2010 6:22 PM, Nancy Gish wrote:
[log in to unmask]" type="cite">
Carrol, you will probably like this (I do, in fact).  On the other hand, MacDiarmid supported Stalin and others as killing necessarily--rather astonishing and terrible.  He was an enigma.

   A bit of, not to get too technical, a nutcase, it seems, tho creative types often exhibit the tendency to veer off into unsupportable and not quite sane behavior. Eliot did publish him in The Criterion, which, now that I think of it, could probably be spun in any direction as regards Eliot's own predilections. But he does seem to have had a rather admirable record with minor poets (Eliot had, that is).

Ken A