I went on a run with my wife this morning (10/30) near the Bowling Green
municipal lakes and had a pleasant surprise. In a weedy meadow about 20
acres in size we flushed a Le Conte's Sparrow from near the trail. I had to
walk in and flush the LCSP a few times to get a good enough look with no
binos, but thankfully it stayed pretty still until I got close enough for a
diagnostic look after the second or third flush.

If interested...This area can be reached by taking CR 282 east of town,
parking at the first lake lot, then walking the old gravel road east of "Old
Lake" up the hill until you reach the first meadow.

Phil Wire
Bowling Green, Pike Co.

Now I have to decide whether Long-eared Owl or Le Conte's Sparrow is my
favorite bird found while running! What a horrible dilemma! ;-)