SLAS Birding Trip Wednesday, Oct 27 St. Louis Audubon Society is conducting a birding trip to St. Stanislaus Conservation Area in St. Louis County on Wednesday, Oct 27 starting at 9:00 AM.

This is scheduled to be a 1/2 day trip.  Bring water, binoculars, spotting scopes and field guides.  We anticipate seeing a lot of sparrows but there are lots of other birds too.

The walking will be very flat with only a few short small rises in the trail.  The trails are wide and clear.  Most of the time will be spent next to grasslands, but we will venture into one wooded section as well.

Leader:   John Solodar

Directions:  From I-270 and I-70 go north one exit to MO Hwy 370.  Take Hwy 370 to  Exit 9,  Earth City Expressway.  South is the  expressway; go north on Missouri Bottom Road.  At an intersection at 1.3 miles from the exit, Missouri Bottom Rd. goes sharply right.  Stay straight to continue on Aubuchon Rd.

At 3.5 miles from Exit 9, just beyond a high, bright yellow water level gauge, a parking area for Saint Stanislaus CA is on the left.  This is at the point where Aubuchon Rd. becomes Charbonier Rd.  Meet in this lot and do not go on to the 2nd lot on Charbonier.

Alternate directions:  (a) From I-170 take Airport Rd and go west and then north through the Boeing Campus.   Stay on the main road as Airport changes names a couple of times and finally becomes McDonnell Blvd.  Stay on McDonnell Blvd as it changes names and goes north as Howdershell.  Turn left off Howdershell onto Teson Rd and follow to a “T” at Aubuchon.  Turn right and follow to the parking lot as described above.   (b) From I-270 take the McDonnell Blvd exit and go north as it turns into Howdershell.  Turn left off Howdershell onto Teson Rd and follow to a “T” at Aubuchon.  Turn right and follow to the parking lot as described above.

John Solodar

8135 Cornell Court
St. Louis, MO 63130-3639
314-862-5294