Robbins & Easterla (c. 1993) state that 2-3 birds a day are encountered until mid-Oct.  Thereafter, usually only solitary birds are seen, with a few in Dec.

There was a single Eastern Phoebe at Twin Lakes in Columbia today.

The unseasonably mild weather throughout October may mean more available food for lingering birds than usual.

Edge Wade
Columbia, MO