Two Black Vultures in the road in Newton County
at the jcts. of Gum Rd. & Trout Farm Rd.  Southwest MO.

FOS Red-breasted Nuthatch at Pineville, McDonald County.
FOS Brown Creeper at a Neosho, Newton Co. residence.

These three species were on 10-21-10.

Yellow-rump Warbler show has been spectacular this season
here in the Joplin area.

Someone asked about wintering Trumpeter Swans in MO.:
Our TRUS are from the interior populations of western Dakotas
and Minnesota/Wisconsin.  Only about 10 % of them actually
migrate.  The majority winter up there except in extreme
conditions.  We manage a few of those 10 %.  This according
to Cornell's BNA account.

Good birding,  Larry Herbert,  Joplin, Jasper County, MO.
certhiaATatt.net