I regret to tell you that we have run into an insurmountable roadblock in
regard to the Costa Rica birding trip that was announced just Friday.

The planned time for the trip is the high season in Costa Rica.  The guide
has learned that all the birding lodges within the target areas are solidly
booked and that there is no chance of finding sufficient space during late
February, 2011.  Thus the trip must be canceled.

The guide is most apologetic.  He is a superb birding guide whom we have
used three times in recent years.   We both now realize that he should have
researched a number of details, including the lodging issue, before we
started to publicize the trip which would be a custom trip for his company.

The lodging issue in Costa Rica stems from the fact that late February is
the middle of the ³high season² for travel there.  This seems to be related
to the facts that it is the dry season in Costa Rica and that North America
and Europe are in winter.    Evidently one must set up lodging for an
organized birding trip during the ³high season²  at least one year in
advance.   A trip during August or September, the wet season in Costa Rica
and the time of summer in North America and Europe, would have been no
problem.

John Solodar - Treasurer, St. Louis Audubon Society
8135 Cornell Ct
University City, MO 63130-3639

314-862-5294