Mary Anne and I spent several hours at Riverlands MBS and Confluence State
Park this morning.  Driving towards the Confluence, on the Confluence Road,
we spent a lot of time at the next flooded field on the left, after
the large entrance sign.  There were lots of Pintails, some Shovelers,
Mallards, Green-winged Teal, and one Redhead.  There were also ten Great
Egrets, several Great Blue Herons, three American Avocets, a Common Moorhen,
a Pied-billed Grebe, and a single Coot.  Further down, along the sides of
the road, we saw lots of White-crowned Sparrows, lots of Song Sparrows, a
Field Sparrow, a LeConte's Sparrow (possibly two), and a vesper Sparrow.
There were lots of Killdeer near the flooded area that is at the large sign,
and we saw one Long-billed Dowitcher (very close to the sign).  We also
observed two Bonaparte's Gulls.

David & Mary Anne Marjamaa

ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/