October 18, 2010, Missouri Western State University Campus, Saint Joseph, Missouri
7 AM - 11:15 AM

This morning we had our most successful banding session of the year.

Jack and I (and Jacob until 9 AM) banded forty-nine (49) birds of fifteen species. In addition to that, 4 or 5 got away before being processed completely, 3 or 4 hit the net and got out and we had six (6) recaptures ( with three more species)! So we had some 60+ birds available to us this morning.

Here's the list (in no particular order:

1. Yellow-rumped Warbler - 11
2. White-throated Sparrow - 8
3. Northern Cardinal - 1
4. Winter Wren - 3