I took off early this morning and birded three separate stands of mature Short Leaf Pine looking and listening for Red-breasted Nuthatch, I was not disappointed. I found four RBNU at Spring Creek Gap outside Vicky, MO, six or more at the large pine forest at the junction of P and AA outside Newburgh and one at Beaver Creek CA just South of Rolla of Hwy 63. I also heard and viewed approximately 25 Pine Warblers and a good number of Yellow rumped Warblers, Ruby crowned Kinglets, Yellow billed Cuckoo and two Golden crowned Kinglets. What a great morning to be a birder.

Mike Doyen
Rolla, MO
Pablo Neruda.