Hello All:

I was just standing in line at the gas station and could not help but to notice a Missouri newspaper/magazine cover featuring two Black-bellied Whistling-ducks on the cover, mixed in with all the 'free' newspapers, etc.  Like any birder, I had to take a closer look and quickly realized I had seen this exact same picture before...  And, new this southeast Missouri photographer rather well.  Turns out it was the photo that Chris Barrigar took of 2 of the Black-bellied Whistling Ducks he found at Mingo NWR's Monopoly Marsh back in May.

Of course, I then had to pay the $2.59 to buy "River Hills Traveler - Journal of the Wildest, Wettest, Most Scenic & Historic Parts of Missouri" to validate this....  Sure enough, Chris' photo was on the cover because he won 'Best of Show' for the Mingo NWR photo contest.

Congratulations Chris!

Joshua Uffman
St. Louis County, MO
MO-Records: www.showme-birds.com