I’m relatively new to this list and am enjoying your reports of sightings and findings.  I, vicariously, enjoy your birding adventures.  I especially enjoy hearing of the Big Muddy.  I’m assuming the “Crossing Unit” is a small part of the Big Muddy.  I was privileged to be the first manager of the Big Muddy NFWR.  I am proud to hear of your adventures on it several units.  It was set aside for a lot of reasons but your enjoyment was one of the important reasons as well, of course, as habitat for all the “critters” you so much enjoy.  Blessings to you all as you enjoy you birding and the Big Muddy NFWR.

ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/