MoBirders:

Went out to St. Joe State Park this morning to see if I could add some warblers to my fall list and get some SPARKS data.  Best bird  was a MERLIN perched in plain view in the top of a medium-sized sycamore (with a dead top) out in the ATV riding area, about 70 yards or so from the road, on the left as you go to Monsanto Lake. Could see every detail through my scope.
Don't know how long it would stay there as the pickups with ATV's were pouring into the park.

Also saw by walking back into a little restricted road area just west of the burned prairie restoration area:

Black-throated Green Warbler
Black-and-white Warbler
Bay-breasted Warbler
Tennessee Warbler
Also:
Yellow-billed Cuckoo
Yellow-throated Vireos
Red-eyed Vireo
Summer Tanager - red male

These birds were in a feeding flock that was very active and noisy with Chickadees, Tufted Titmice, and WB Nuthatches.  Quite a few Field Sparrows and Indigo Buntings were in the low bushes adding to the ruckus.  I needed at least one more pair of eyes to see everything that was in that flock!

Judy Bergmann
Rural Bonne Terre
St. Francois County

ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/