Dianne and I went over this evening to check on the Swallows south of Pershing SP. The numbers had greatly increased since last week, not peak yet,  but probably 200,000+ put on quite a Show as they swirled over the cornfields at Dusk. The next 2 - 3 weeks it should be spectacular as long as the corn is still standing and there is a mostly clear sky.
  Watched a single Common Nighthawk fly through and out of the cloud of Swallows at one point. Heard a few CONI still calling over downtown when we got back. Heard several going over when we walked the dog last night.
  Plenty of flying insects still around for them and the Swallows to eat - it RAINED bugs on us for most of the 25 miles driving back tonight!

 Later,
Steve Kinder
 Chillicothe, Livingston Co.