I drove over South of Pershing State Park this evening to check on the Swallow situation. It is a little early yet so I was surprised to find quite a few birds staging over the cornfields - I est. a "few" tens of thousands. This number will likely build to the 100's of thousands [or more?] in the next few weeks that we see every year in that area. This is near the Linn/Chariton Co. line and between Locust Creek and Hyw YY. So if you have not witnessed this Swallow Spectacle, maybe this will be the year?

Contact me personally if you would like more info.

 Later,
Steve Kinder
 Chillicothe, Livingston Co.
http://mobirds.org/