I drove over South of Pershing State Park this evening to check on the Swallow
situation. It is a little early yet so I was surprised to find quite a few birds
staging over the cornfields - I est. a "few" tens of thousands. This number will
likely build to the 100's of thousands [or more?] in the next few weeks that we
see every year in that area. This is near the Linn/Chariton Co. line and between
Locust Creek and Hyw YY. So if you have not witnessed this Swallow Spectacle,
maybe this will be the year?

Contact me personally if you would like more info.

 Later,
Steve Kinder
 Chillicothe, Livingston Co.

http://mobirds.org/