I headed to Pershing SP (Linn Co.) in the morning and birded the
boardwalk. It was rather slow. Birds of interest:
Yellow-throated warbler - 3
Wilson's warbler - 3
American redstart
Northern parula
Summer tanager
Red-shouldered hawk
Pileated woodpecker
Several silent Empidonax flycatchers.

From there I headed to Swan Lake NWR (Chariton Co.). Viewed at great
distance from the entrance road there were shorebirds and ducks on
Swan Lake including:
MARBLED GODWIT - 1 (very distant looks but almost 100 % positive it is marbled)
Caspian tern - 4
"Small" tern - 1 (too far for positive ID)
Black tern - 25
Northern pintain - 5
Northern shovelers
Quite a few distant shorebirds. For sure pectoral sandpipers, greater
and lesser yellowlwegs and smaller stuff.
Many dog face butterflies.
Checked Long Branch Lake on the way back. Nothing of note: few of
ring-billed gulls and double-crested cormorants.
Later,
--
Peter Kondrashov
Kirksville, MO