Thanks to Charlene for posting information on the ibis.

After leaving my message and starting to drive back
north I realized that I should have mentioned that the
slough where the birds are located is not very obvious
to southbound birders.  This slough is not one of
the conspicuous water areas (many with concentrations
of waders) that you will pass on the way south.  Due
to the lay of the land you will almost be past this spot
before it becomes visible.  I drove past it, turned around
and was able to scope the entire slough from the levee.
It is about 4-5 miles south of the Maeystown Creek
Pumping Station on the east side of the levee.

Sorry I did not include this information in my message
to Charlene.

Wally George
Cedar Hill, Mo.
http://mobirds.org/