http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liPGLAkPbFs

Wow, am I going out on a limb here.  There were 4 possible Phalarope Sp. this afternoon.  The video is poor quality, but I was able to discern some positive attributes.  Disclaimer:  I have never seen a Phalarope Sp. before.

Behavior: Nervous, very active, a slight spin or two on occasion.  On the water exclusively.
Size:  A Ring-billed Gull towers over them.  They appeared to be small.
Plumage:  Head Pattern favors Red-necked (imho).  The Dark cap is visible.  Possible dark underwing markings.

I'm sorry to say that I'm just not sure.  Calhoun is quite a drive and I don't want to misrepresent that beautiful area.

It was very active this afternoon!

Bryan Prather
St.Louis, Co.Mo

ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/