Back by popular demand, a fall weekend devoted to birding with a focus on CACHE and SPARKS sites, an opportunity to enjoy the camaraderie of other birders, some very good food, and a relaxing immersion in the beauty of a Missouri autumn.

See below for details.  You may register by email or  via U.S. mail.  The registration form is at the end of this announcement.  IT MUST REACH THE ASM MAILBOX  BY OCTOBER 11.   THIS DEADLINE INCLUDES “MEAL(S) ONLY” REGISTRANTS.

Email:  Copy the form, fill in the blanks and send it to June Newman, email address:  [log in to unmask]

U.S. Mail:  Copy and print the form, fill in the blanks, put  “OCTOBER WEEKEND” on the outside of the envelope and send to:
Audubon Society of Missouri, 2101 W. Broadway #122, Columbia, MO 65203-1261

Payment will be due on site, Saturday morning, October 16.

Questions?  email June Newman:  [log in to unmask]

WHEN:  October 15, 16, 17, 2010

WHERE:  Reynolds County, MO.

BIRDING:  We’ll bird recently re-opened Johnson’s Shut-Ins State Park (a SPARKS focus park) and other nearby places of participants’ choice.  We’ll provide a list of CACHE and SPARKS sites participants may want to visit en route to and from the base site, and during the weekend when not at Johnson’s Shut-Ins.

COST:  Exact cost will depend on the number of registrants.  It is guaranteed that the total for two nights if staying at the house described below, the two suppers, two breakfasts and one brown bag lunch will not exceed $60.00 per person, and may well be less.  We will know the exact cost when payment is due, October 16.

JUST MEAL(S)?  Participants staying at a motel, but desiring one or more group meal will be charged for the meals, only, due at the time of the meal(s).

ACCOMODATIONS:  We have reserved Happy Hollow, a 5-bedroom, two bathroom house in Annapolis (between Johnson’s Shut-Ins and Sam A. Baker state parks).  The house has one queen-size bed and eight double beds.  Each participant staying here will have his/her own bed.  Bed and bath linens are provided.  The kitchen has a full refrigerator, but only a microwave for cooking (see Meals below).

Registrants will be sent  driving directions to Annapolis and to Johnson’s Shut-Ins SP.

Registration preference will be given to those wishing to stay both Friday and Saturday nights at the house.

If this facility fills, or if you prefer other accomodations, there are motels in the area which you may rent on your own.  We will provide a list of options on request.

MEALS:  We have rented the Annapolis Community Center across the street from the house.  We will serve group suppers on Friday and Saturday, and breakfast on Saturday at this center.  Breakfast Sunday will be light fare at the house (see below).  Lunches may be packed at the center Saturday morning after breakfast.

Friday Supper--Cost $6.00:  Vegetarian or buffalo chili, salad, veggies.  Desert: Texas sheet cake, ice cream. If you’d like to donate something to supplement (an appetizer, for example), please do!

Saturday Breakfast--Cost $4.00:  Eggs, breakfast cassaroles, wheat toast & jelly, cold cereal, 2% milk, juice. If this doesn’t work for you, bring your own. We’ll have a refrigerator.

Saturday Lunch--On your own, or if brown bag with supplied fixings:  $2.50.

Saturday Supper--Cost $6.00:  Crockpot buffalo roast or smoked pork chop, potatoes, salad, veggies. Desert: leftover Texas sheet cake, ice cream, cookies.  Cost $6.00

Sunday Breakfast--Cost $2.50:  Cold cereal, microwaved leftover breakfast cassarole, juice, 2% milk.

                      ASM OCTOBER BIRDING WEEKEND REGISTRATION
You may print this out and send by U.S. mail to:   Audubon Society of Missouri,
2101 W. Broadway #122, Columbia, MO 65203-1261,
or cut and paste and return by email to:  [log in to unmask]

 I want to reserve ______   bed(s) at the Annapolis house Friday & Saturday nights

______   I want to come, but will stay at a motel

______   I want the following meals:

    Friday supper                   ______  @  $6.00      $__________