Migrants are slowly trickling through Columbia! In our backyard we've had an adult female WILSON'S WARBLER, a first fall MAGNOLIA WARBLER and an ACADIAN FLYCATCHER (my first of the year here...I don't believe they were breeding down by the creek) over the past two evenings. We've also had our fair share of COMMON NIGHTHAWKS and RUBY-THROATED HUMMINGBIRD numbers have started to rise as well. I think it may be time to stop fishing and start birding again!

Good birding,
Ryan
Columbia, Boone County

Ryan Douglas