What caan't be shown here is that this is several paintings each partially done over. It is, in effect, layered.
Not unlike TWL. Subjectivity is all twisted and done over to a point of elimination.

P.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Chokh Raj
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Thursday, September 16, 2010 6:01 PM
  Subject: Re: OT - GENIUS WITHIN: The Inner Life of Glenn Gould

        A Matisse that to me is emblematic of Eliot's life and art:

        Matisse -- The Piano Lesson (1916)

        http://www.flickr.com/photos/wallyg/2372781084/

        CR

        --- On Thu, 9/16/10, Chokh Raj <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
                Incidentally,

                'Matisse the Master' by Hilary Spurling

                A Book for Every Matisse Fan
                By Steven Harvey | September 29, 2005

                "The biographical information doesn't change my sense of the quality of his art or my delight in it."

                http://www.nysun.com/arts/book-for-every-matisse-fan/20734/

                CR