He worked assduously for it to be that way. He was fiercely competitive with Picasso
to outdo the cubisms' cubist.

P.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Chokh Raj
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Thursday, September 16, 2010 3:54 AM
  Subject: Re: OT - GENIUS WITHIN: The Inner Life of Glenn Gould

        Incidentally,

        'Matisse the Master' by Hilary Spurling

        A Book for Every Matisse Fan
        By Steven Harvey | September 29, 2005

        "The biographical information doesn't change my sense of the quality of his art or my delight in it."

        http://www.nysun.com/arts/book-for-every-matisse-fan/20734/

        CR

        --- On Wed, 9/15/10, Chokh Raj <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
                Thanks, Peter. Here's some Matisse for you:

                http://www.abcgallery.com/M/matisse/matisse130.html

                Cheers,
                 CR

                --- On Wed, 9/15/10, Peter Montgomery <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
                  I think your reference here is VERY relevant to Eliot's work.
                  Cf. Pound's Make It New.