Would seem to be the KEY to the poem.
P.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Chokh Raj
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Friday, September 24, 2010 8:49 PM
  Subject: Re: OT - sharing a reading of 'Jasmine', a poem by John Eppel

              And thus spake the Thunder in 'The Waste Land':

              "Datta: what have we given?
               My friend, blood shaking my heart
               The awful daring of a moment's surrender
               Which an age of prudence can never retract
               By this, and this only, we have existed ..."

              Incidentally, making nature an anchor of our purest thoughts.

              CR