Wow! I must read the book. Thanks for sharing your reading of it.

Regards,
 CR

--- On Tue, 9/7/10, Ken Armstrong <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
CR,

I got the book and Kundera has certainly pegged a, if not the, recent movement of scholarship. Short and illuminating. Apparently Painted Word and Imperfect Life have companions feeding off of other renowned artists. He even gives Craig Raine a nod for defending Eliot against the prosecuting breastbeaters.

Ken A