Hallo All

Forgive me for seeking possible advice and guidance, but I am presently seeing supervision from a UK university regarding a proposed PhD thesis that would, in effect, be a critical biography of a modern(ist) UK poet

I seem in these endeavours to encounter a brick wall in the form of what I maybe irreverendly call all the ''isms' of literary theory, in that many academic institutions here don't perceive mere 'life-writing' as sufficiently-weighty literary  research.

I'm getting a little frustrated by this (to me) constrained and blinkered approach, and would very much welcome any observations from the List members.

More detal if required set out here

http://www.bigcitylit.com/bigcitylit.php?inc=spring08/articles/boyd

I'd argue there is a lot of TSE-content as regards the Modernism overall, as well as specific, very significant encountrs with TSEb and with Faber, but others may see differently.

Best Wishes

David
Cumbria, UK.

ps

a much-fuller draft proposal exists, if required.