Dear Mike,

Our public library is closed 4th-6th (Labor Day). Please wait a couple of days. I look forward to sharing what Eliot says on this in his Introduction.

Meanwhile here's some idea of the lines' burden:

http://www.bartleby.com/220/0813.html

The first paragraph of a paper on The Vanity of Human Wishes at the following link sheds some light on Eliot's praise of it:

http://www.press.ntu.edu.tw/ejournal/files/Studies%5C14%5C3.pdf

Regards,
CR