I took a run up 79 this morning.  There were not many shorebirds anywhere, but I did have a short look at a Upland Sandpiper on Glacial Sand Rd. south of Winfield.  It was in a large flock of Killdeer.  Shortly after I found the Upland something got the birds up and they flew around.  I heard the Upland call as it flew, but I could not refind it after the birds settled. I did find a couple of Buffies and a Pectoral.  When I returned about noon everything including the Killdeers had left.
The only other bird of any note was an Osprey soaring near Elsberry.
David Becher
Saint Louis
http://mobirds.org/