With red face, I'm withdrawing the Ruddy Duck sighting....  Ah.... distant digiscoped photos are revealing.... and that is good.....
Greg Swick
Ozark

On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 12:14 PM, Greg Swick <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Hi all,
Highlights of my trip to Aldrich this morning included 4 Ruddy Ducks and 10 species of shorebirds.  One flock of Blue winged teal that flew in had 400+ individuals with around 10 Shovelors and a single Dowitcher!

Location:     Stockton Lake--Aldrich Arm
Observation date:     8/25/10
Notes:     Observer: Greg Swick   (photos of Ruddy Duck if necessary)
Number of species:     40
Canada Goose     225
Wood Duck     23
Mallard     7
Blue-winged Teal     550
Northern Shoveler     10
Ruddy Duck     4
Great Blue Heron     35
Great Egret     6
Green Heron     5
Turkey Vulture     12
Bald Eagle     1
Red-tailed Hawk     1
Semipalmated Plover     5
Killdeer     125
Spotted Sandpiper     4
Solitary Sandpiper     1
Lesser Yellowlegs     1
Semipalmated Sandpiper     8
Least Sandpiper     32
Pectoral Sandpiper     7
Stilt Sandpiper     1
Short-billed Dowitcher     1
Ring-billed Gull     15
Forster's Tern     3
Mourning Dove     40
Yellow-billed Cuckoo     1
Red-bellied Woodpecker     1
Pileated Woodpecker     2
Eastern Phoebe     5
Eastern Kingbird     2
Red-eyed Vireo     1
American Crow     20
Barn Swallow     25
Cliff Swallow     1
Eastern Bluebird     2
Yellow Warbler     1
Common Yellowthroat     1
Grasshopper Sparrow     1
Northern Cardinal     2
Indigo Bunting     1

Good birding,
Greg Swick
Ozark, MO

--
I believe that there is a subtle magnetism in Nature, which, if we unconsciously yield to it, will direct us aright. ~Henry David Thoreau