Thanks to Jack for posting the signting for me as I just got back...
I got to the Mudhole Duck Club (Ray Co.) today at 10:30 am (see
directions in the original e-mail by Edge Wade). There was a birder
from KS (Sarah ??? Sorry I am bad with names). There was nobody there
from the management. We waited for about an hour, but nobody showed
up. I scanned all the surroundings from the parking lot, but did not
want to go any further without permission. THere were lots of birds
including American white pelicans, black terns, least, semipalmated,
and pectoral sandpipers, double-crested cormorants and great egrets
plus other regular suspects. After an hour waiting I took off and
drove south on Buist Rd. to a T intersection. From there I drove east
on a gravel road (public road - no signs on it) for about 1/2-2/3 mile
and scanned the willows ~1/2 mile north of the road. I saw two
whitish-pinkish birds perched atop a willow tree. I set up my scope
and bingo! there were two ROSEATE SPOONBILLS preening perched on thin
branches on top of a willow tree. I got VERY distant phots which are
not very helpfull,but all show pinkish color of the birds and one
shows very distant head shape. I hope this will help with
documentation. I drove back to the club building and told the lady
from KS about the birds. Hopefully she got to see them as well.
I heard Bell's vireo near the railroad (clsoe to Hwy T) on the way out.

From there via the BDR to home I went to Eagle Bluffs CA (Boone Co.).
Highlights: Two AMERICAN AVOCETS seen first from a spur off the second
one-way loop and then much closer from the back of pool 14. Also seen
two immature YELLOW-CROWNED NIGHT-HERONS (trees between the back of
pools 14 & 15), 2 Caspian terns, gobs of solitary sandpipers plus
least, semipalamted, and pectoral sandpipers and other species
reported yesterday. Got my FOS WILSON'S SNIPE. I have never seen so
many green herons in one place! Eagle Bluffs is a little gem! Columbia
people, I envy you!
It is good to do some birding after almost a three-month break!
Later,

--
Peter Kondrashov
Kirksville, MO