I thought I saved the e-mail that told where the mud flats were or going to be but I must have lost them. Could someone tell me where they are and do we have to hike into them? Also we saw an interesting 2 ducks we can't seem to identify at a litle pond at the lake. They are tearing up the road just off the Blue Springs dam so it was hard to get around but it was after you leave the parking lot going east I think there was a small parking lot with a break in the trees. The ducks were larger than teals they were very dark but had light feathers when they ruffeled their tails. It is very hard to discribe and it might have been something common but there was a reddish buff colored breast we used the scope but still don't know what they were.
Barbara Jahn
Independence Mo