From: Chase Darr <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Sun, August 8, 2010 8:50:04 PM
Subject: Re: The Big Year

If we can't laugh at ourselves, we have no right to laugh at anyone else.

I, for one, have been avoiding "The Big Year" like the plague as I know it
will only serve to make me more miserable that I can't spend more time
birding.  As a graduate student, I'm called/required/forced into the lab
more often than not.  Reading about people with free enough schedules to do
as they please won't help the feeling of entrapment I already have.  *sigh*

Maybe I'll go watch the movie.  At least with humor added, I can get some
endorphines (from the laughter) pumping and alleviate my suffering.  (End
melodramatic moment.)

-Chase
Columbia, MO