Hi all

I have been getting lots of calls about no Whip-poorwills this year.  If you have heard or seen any whip-poor-wills this year in June or July let me know.  The decline over the last 40 years has been about 85% of the population based on the BBS.

Also,  since 1991 when Black necked stilts were first observed nesting in Stoddard County has anyone seen a nest or young outside of the Lower Mississippi River Valley or Bootheel area. If you have seen June or July stilts and young or find a nest let me know?

Thanks.

Brad

Brad Jacobs
Missouri Department of Conservation