HELLO TO ALL:

After much "engineer talk" and repeated measurements where the bird was
perched in the photo,  Allen and I came to the agreement the this bird is
SIX INCHES LONG  from tip of beak to end of top most (longest) tail feather.

The measurements at the perch area were made perpendicular to the line of
sight on the ceramic object with groves. Luck helped here, since the bird is
also

positioned perpendicular to our line of sight so that there is little or no
distortion
in our scaling a known length in the photo to the unknown length of the bird.

This bird shows no damage to the tail feathers (or any others), which reduces
the odds that it is an escaped cage bird.  The image also shows that this bird
is truly a near perfect albino.  I have witnessed no rejection of this albino
by the other birds, but I have seen severe rejection of an albino Barn Swallow
by  a mob of nearly 1000 normal Barn Swallows resting on the road at RMBS
early on a Fall morning over ten years ago.

Bird lengths given in various references can vary for several reasons.  Some
use the length as naturally posed in life versus the length of a mounted skin in
a tray.
Other length variations can be for different races of a species, and considering
averages from many specimens versus extremes for a specific individual bird
sighted.

This bird with a nominal length of six inches, may narrow the identification
choices.
House Finches, Eurasian Tree Sparrows are both common in my yard and 6-inches
long, as is the Purple Finch.  The House Sparrow has a length of 6.25 inches and
is
less common in my yard.  American Goldfinch has a much shorter length of
5-inches,
and is also locally common.  Other Western goldfinches, the Pine Siskin, and
Redpolls
are much smaller than this bird.  I am not aware of any pure white species of
Canaries,
but anything is possible.

If I were forced to guess what this bird is today, I would select albino House
Finch.
This is good enough for Hobby Work !   Maybe I was in the heat TOO LONG
yesterday.
PS: At 3:20 pm and at 5:30 pm on 8.11.2010, I  saw the little "White Bird"
again.

ALWAYS HAVE FUN; GO BIRDING.        Paul Bauer;  Florissant, MO  (St. Louis
Co.)