Hi all,
Thanks Phil,
My initial reaction is why doesn't MDC consider a grand restoration effort
for Bachman's Sparrow and/or Swainson's Warbler, instead of focusing on a
large mammal that will inevitably cause injury and even possibly death on
Missouri's road ways?

I like elk as well as anyone, but I question whether these large mammals
should be reintroduced into a relatively small geographic area.  We all know
that MDC's effort in restoring giant Canada Geese and River Otters have been
successful to a fault....  What if elk populations do half as well.  What
can we expect?   And, being a bird advocate, a few hundred more Bachman's
Sparrows in the state would be nice.

$.02 worth....

Good birding,
Greg Swick