My concern is that having a photo on a display implies that the
species may be seen at the site and suggests to viewers that they
should expect to see one, or at least have a good chance of seeing one.

A Black Rail sighting at Weston Bend is so unlikely that a depiction
of one at the site is very misleading to a visitor.

In addition to being simply misleading, a photo of a Black Rail,
suggesting its presence, has the very real potential of leading a
beginning or intermediate birder (or any casual visitor) to assume
that any black rail seen is a Black Rail, when the probability is
that a black rail seen is an immature of a different species.  This
leads to reports that are incorrect, but very difficult to prove so,
and may be the cause of embarrassment or even rancor.

Edge Wade
Columbia, MO