I have been to Jacomo/Blue Springs Lake twice to see the pelican and missed it both times. My first attempt was yesterday (Wednesday) afternoon at about 4:30 p.m. I worked my way around the lake, hoping to find the bird in one of the coves or out on the main body of the lake without success. The bird was still MIA at about 5:15. (I may be a little off on the times).

I missed him again today at about 11:00 a.m.

Am I doing something wrong? I go to the parking lot at the west end of the dam and scope the trees in B. Springs lake. Perhaps I have gone when the bird is feeding somewhere else. Does anyone know where he goes? When is the best time (other than early a.m.) to find him on the snags?

Bob Fisher
Independence, MO
ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/