Seed Ticks are now out and about in force.

I visited a river access on the Black River in Butler County last night, and I swear I didn't go through any tall grasses/weeds, but when I reached the truck to leave and did my "once over" for dear ticks, my pant legs were moving in a blurry digital haze with ~300-400 near microscopic devils.

The smallmouth bass were NOT biting last night. It's been a long time since I've been completely skunked fishing. A bit humbling. . .

Be sure to carry duct tape to help remove these from clothing. (I'd caution against using duct tape to remove seed ticks from skin - unless you shave your legs!).

Good (parasite free) Birding!

Chris Barrigar

Stoddard Co.

ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/