    This morning I took a freind who is new to the area and new to birding to
see the "infamous" brown pelican at Blue Springs Lake. She was duly impressed.
;)

    We arrive about 7:50 a.m. and watched him in "the tree" described by Ruth
for about 10 minutes. We bumped into Paul Harbiger (Burroughs Audubon) at about
8:00, and then left to bird around the lake, but when we passed back by (9:05
am) to recheck for the brown pelican, he was nowhere to be seen. Hopefully he
just went off for breakfast and will be back later.

Heidi Retherford
Independence, MO

ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/