Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 22:04:30 -0500
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: ticks, etc.
To: [log in to unmask]

I happen to be using the Dollar
General
"Antiseptic Original" since it has the
same
ingredients as Listerine.
Larry H.  Joplin, MO.

  ----- Original Message -----
  From:
  Edge
  To: Lawrence Herbert
  Cc: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Thursday, July 15, 2010 7:54
  PM

Larry,

  I'm a primary target for any tick within 50 yards of a path.  What
  kind/brand of mouthwash?  An ounce of prevention (mouthwash) is probably
  worth a pound of masking tape cure!

  Edge Wade
  Columbia, MO

  On Jul 15, 2010, at 3:07 PM, Lawrence Herbert wrote:

    Chris and Mobirders -
    I have used mouthwash as a tick and
    chigger deterrent for a couple of summers now.
    Great success!
    Try it.  Environmentally safe too as far as I
    know.
    I have a spray plastic bottle in the trunk that I
    carry all of the time.
    Good birding,  Larry Herbert, Joplin
ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/