________________________________
From: Paul Bauer <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask]
Sent: Fri, July 16, 2010 12:30:52 AM
Subject: Re: Swan Lake NWR-- Silver Lake drainage

HELLO TO ALL:  The Swan Lake NWR plan for improvements is a meaningful ASM
issue, and I hope

we will follow it closely from this point forward.    It is not too late to get
involved, as the fine details are

considered and resolved.   My first impression of the planed changes for Silver
Lake sound like they may
provide more likely HABITAT FOR SHOREBIRDS !!
When and how the lake is drained and filled could have a positive impact on
creating a sizeable area of

prime shorebird habitat in Spring and Fall, and no initial issues with
willows.
I WOULD HOPE LOCAL ASM members from Central MO could get involved with this
planning as it creeps forward !

Let's hope that at least a few ASM leaders get on the Refuge mailing list so
that we can stay informed in a timely manner.
ALWAYS HAVE FUN; GO BIRDING !        Paul Bauer