I went out to the Overton Bottoms South unit of the Big Muddy National
Wildlife Refuge yesterday evening. I was hoping for shorebird habitat ...
and shorebirds. I found one Spotted Sandpiper, about 30 Killdeer and two
flocks of Pectoral Sandpipers who dropped in and left almost immediately.
Great Egrets were absent. Great Blue Heron numbers were lower than I
expected. I did find numerous Indigo Buntings.

Susan Hazelwood
MOBirds-L Co-Owner
Columbia, Boone County, MO