This morning I birded the oxbow lakes region south of St. Joseph. Water levels in the Missouri River and the oxbow lakes is still very high. There is no shorebird habitat anywhere that I could find.

HORSESHOE LAKE on Pettet Road off of Highway 59 offered the greatest number of species:
Snow Goose - 1, (don't know where he came from!)
Canada Goose ~30
Northern Bobwhite - heard and one Bob was sitting atop a wooden fence at Muskrat Lake
Pied-billed Grebe, with young
American White Pelican - ~30
Double-crested Cormorant - 7
Great Blue Heron - 5
Great Egret - 13
Little Blue Heron - 1 adult (a couple of days ago, I saw 2 adult, 2 immature)
Killdeer (about 30, including some seen at other locations)
Ring-billed Gull - 1
Mourning Dove - 25
Belted Kingfisher, with young (5 birds in all)
Eastern Kingbird - 10
American Crow - 10
Puma Martin - 30
Tree Swallow .......... I did not attempted to count individual swallow species ....
Northern Rough-winged Swallow
Bank Swallow
Cliff Swallow
Barn Swallow
European Starling
Lark Sparrow ~ 30, including other areas
Blue Grosbeak - 1 male
Indigo Bunting - ~ 10, including other areas
Dickcissel ~ 15, including other areas
Red-winged Blackbird ~ 75
Common Grackle ~ 50
Orchard Oriole - 5, which included adult males, female with food for young and 1st yr. male
House Sparrow

Additional species at other venues:
Cattle Egret (Muskrat Lake) - 16
Turkey Vulture (St. Joe)
Red-tailed Hawk (Muskrat Lake)
Rock Pigeon (St. Joe)
Eurasian Collared-Dove (Stockyards) - a dozen
Western Kingbird (Lake Contrary) - 7 or 8
Horned Lark (Mud Lake)
Eastern Bluebird (Muskrats Lake)
American Robin (Mud Lake)
Northern Mockingbird (Mud Lake)