Sorry for the late report, but I have been having internet
connectivity issues. Yesterday (7/14) I observed 2 adult and 4
juvenile King Rails at Clarence Cannon NWR in Pike Co. from 7-8 AM in
the exact spot described by Pat L. the day before. The refuge staff
said the rails have been feeding at all times of day and are usually
visible just about any time. There was also what sounded like a Willow
Flycatcher working the trees behind the pond.

Pat's directions: "Enter the refuge with the visitor's center on the
right.  Turn left and follow that road till it turns right.  The rails
were in the pond area .6 miles down that road on the right."

Cool birds!

Phil Wire
Bowling Green, Pike Co.

ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/